Software Engineer – Fabric (2)
Founded in 2010 by ex-investment bankers, TradingHub is a disruptive financial technology (FinTech) company. Our clients are made up of Leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses, and brokerage firms (collectively representing over 20 trillion dollars of AUM). TradingHub’s AI-assisted Software Products offer market-leading trade data analysis in the following areas: Market Abuse; Operational Risk; Best Execution; Anti Money Laundering and Comms Surveillance. We are headquartered in London, with further offices in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Hong Kong, although we are expanding rapidly!
At TradingHub, we have a world class batch language framework which lets us very rapidly transform large datasets in an optimized fashion. It is a declarative set-based language which allows the user to define sets in terms of transformations of other sets, which is then analyzed by the runtime into the optimal sequence of operations which can be concurrently executed in a way that tries to use as much of the memory and cores of the box as possible whilst also caching expensive sets to save calculations. This allows a programmer to write very declarative and expressive code whilst also getting the benefits of handcrafted optimization usually only reserved for a more low-level language.
We need someone who is obsessed with programming and equipped with a sharp mind to help us develop the third iteration of this language which we believe will be the fastest batch processing runtime to have ever graced this blue planet of ours. This new iteration heavily utilizes an in-house technology and at its call uses a newly thought of ‘inside-out’ algorithm for translating set based operations into assembly code. This results in blisteringly fast code.
The role will involve developing an entirely new runtime using these tools to create a much faster and more efficient version of the batch language framework . Experience with high-performance and low level code is a requirement and any work on compilers or programming languages themselves would also be a bonus. More important than any of this is a sharp mind and a fascination with low level programming and performance – we are happy to make compromises if that’s the case.
- Good understanding of writing high performance code
- Experience of low-level programming
- Previous experience with compilers
- Self-starter, able to bring greenfield projects through to production
- Strong communicator, able to break down the complex into simpler terms for a range of stakeholders
Why should you apply?
- Flexible working (up to 3 days a week remote)
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Discretionary EMI scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Maternity/Parental Leave Policies
- Company Pension Plan
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Death in Service Coverage
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Personal Training Budget
- Vibrant company culture with lots of regular social perks!
- Amazing open plan office space with panoramic views of London from the 21st floor
If this is of interest to you please send a covering letter and a cv to email@example.com.
TradingHub is committed to providing equal opportunities and supporting diversity in employment. Diverse teams are the best teams!