Founded in 2010 by ex-investment bankers, TradingHub is a disruptive financial technology (FinTech) company. Our clients are made up of Leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses, and brokerage firms (collectively representing over 20 trillion dollars of AUM). TradingHub’s AI-assisted Software Products offer market-leading trade data analysis in the following areas: Market Abuse; Operational Risk; Best Execution; Anti Money Laundering and Comms Surveillance. We are headquartered in London, with further offices in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Hong Kong, although we are expanding rapidly!
We are looking for an experienced accountant to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies, procedures, and IT systems.
The Financial Controller would report into our Head of Finance, based in London. The business is a very fast growing and friendly FinTech and the role will give unrivalled experience for an accountant looking to develop their career.
- Manage all current accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, Payroll, General Ledger, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close process.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Manage year end Audit and production, and sign off, of Annual Accounts.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller within a FinTech or Technology SME/Start-up.
- Accounting qualification, preferably ACCA or ACA, but very experienced accountants with other qualifications should not be put off applying.
- 2+ years post qualification experience in a similar environment that gave wide experience to all aspects of the finance function.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Good knowledge of VAT and payroll essential.
- Experience with taxation desirable.
- NetSuite experience very beneficial.
Why should you apply?
- Flexible working (up to 3 days a week remote)
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Discretionary EMI scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Maternity/Parental Leave Policies
- Company Pension Plan
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Death in Service Coverage
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Personal Training Budget
- Vibrant company culture with lots of regular social perks!
- Amazing open plan office space with panoramic views of London from the 21st floor
If this is of interest to you please send a covering letter and a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TradingHub is committed to providing equal opportunities and supporting diversity in employment. Diverse teams are the best teams!